Monday, December 6, 2010

Gingerbread Men

The girls and I made some Gingerbread Men to take to Auntie Robin's for our last get together before Christmas. Of course Emmy loved it, but we started when Lilah was still taking her nap and when she woke up she was in no mood for baking, haha so she just watched.

We used a brand called Greens. I've made their cakes before and have been very happy with the quality, but I must say that the taste of these cookies were a bit disappointing, but it did come with a nice cookie cutter to keep as a bonus.

She takes her work very seriously! Can you tell?

Here's Lilah being my little sour puss.

Cutting out the Gingerbread Man! I think this was her favorite part!

He looks great Emmy, good job!!

We'll save this for later....

What are you eating???? You sneaky girl, those are for the gingerbread man!!

He's all ready to be put into the oven!

Yummy! I can't wait to eat them!!

I want my girls to be whatever they want to be as they grow up, but I also want to make sure they know how to maintain a household, to cook for themselves or 50, to sew a dress or mend some socks. I want to encourage a green thumb and their nurturing side. You could say this is a bit sexist but I plan on raising my boys the same way. How great would that be if your man could cook you a meal, fix is own shirts, garden with the best of them and wouldn't be afraid to hold and kiss a baby. I'd love to contribute to society by raising a few men like that! I don't know where this little rant just came from haha..... I just thought I'd put it out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment