Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pathology

Yesterday we took Lilah to pathology to have her blood taken. My sister stayed home with Emmy and my mother in law, Jan, came up to help with Lilah at the hospital. I was nervous about them sticking her with a needle over and over trying to find a vein big enough, but I didn't need to worry at all because the nurse pricked her finger and milked it into the vile. It took a good solid 5 min's and three grown women to get it done. I had her on my lap holding her head to my chest and also her legs. Jan helped to hold her arm still while the nurse struggled to keep hold of her little bloody thumb. She screamed the whole time, and I felt bad for her, but I knew that she wasn't being stuck over and over by a needle and she wasn't in terrible pain. I was so glad when it was over and I know she was too. She passed out in the car about a minute after we left the parking lot and we only live down the road 2-3 minutes. Once I got her into her bed she slept for a solid 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I really took alot out of her. We have an appointment for Jan 19th to receive the results. From there we will discuss any other allergies and epi pens. Cross your fingers that we won't need to!

No comments:

Post a Comment