Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The First Christmas Ornament


Emmy made her first Christmas ornament last week at Kinder Gym when her Grandma Jan took her. Jan said that she really enjoyed decorating it with glue, glitter, and stars. When she got home I made a big deal about it. I told her how pretty it was and how special it is to me. I asked her if she'd like to hang it on the tree and her eyes got really big and a huge smile came across her face and she ran to the tree. I could see at that moment she realized what it was that she had made! Every day she takes down the Christmas balls and plays with them and I find them everywhere, but her beautiful Star ornament has remained in the exact spot she put it a week ago. I catch her looking at it and I can see how proud she is. She'll look at me and sign and say "Star" and then clap her hands.

It's made out of bread and glue, so it will not last forever, but I'm going to clear coat it and do what I can to preserve it. If anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to preserve it please share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment