Sunday, October 3, 2010

Emmy's FINALLY given up the bottle!

I've known Emmy was ready to give up her bottle for a while now, but with Lilah's weaning date approaching (and that'll be a whole other post) I thought it might be strange to take the bottles away only to get them back out for Lilah. I ordered Lilah a Mimijumi bottle (again.. a whole other post to come) and there's no way Emmy will drink from it. When Lilah has offered it to Emmy she's said "NO Lilah, that's gross like mommy's booby" lol. So the time was right!

I told Emmy that it would be a good idea to pack up all of our bottles and wrap them up and give them to Baby Finn. She was very happy to go along with it and we packed them all into a shoe basket and wrapped them in some pretty paper about an hour before bedtime. When I gave her the milk in a sippy cup she said "No mommy, a bottle please." I told her that if she was asking for a bottle like an adult that she really didn't need one and that means she's a big girl now haha I reminded her that they were all packed and ready to take to Finn tomorrow and she said okay with a smile on her face. I think she only asked because she was testing me to see what I would do.

The next day she gave her package to Finn and helped him open it and you could tell by the look on her face that she was very proud to be giving her precious bottles to him and was very much at peace with the decision! Auntie Carolyn took them away and that was that. Not one bit of drama since. She's had two full days and nights without them and just like I suspected.... it was time!

This morning I took her to Target to pick out some new special big girl cups as positive reinforcement. She picked out some really cute insulated straw cups and a brightly colored toddler sports bottle.

I feel like there's some light at the end of the tunnel! *smiles* No Binkies! No Bottles! Fully Day Time Potty Trained! .....and now just the Over Night Potty Training to conquer.











Lilah stealing a kiss! This is one for the 18th Birthday Party photo's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment