Friday, September 17, 2010

Measurement Update


Measured the girls today. Lilah (18 months) is the height Emmy was at (15 months) They have consistently been about this much apart. The best predictor of the future is past patterns, so if this is true in this case then we'd expect Lilah to grow 4-5 cm by the time she's two.

At two years old they say to double their height and that's the best guesstimate of their adult height. Emmy worked out to be 5 foot 6 in (my height) as an adult, so this means Lilah could be 5 foot 3inches (if she grows 4 cm which is the more likely of the two) OR (if she grows 5 cm) 5 foot 4 inches. I think by her petite size and consistent growth pattern for the past 18 months that this is a very accurate prediction.

Looks like Emmy and I will get to borrow each others shoes but Lilah will get to have hers all to herself! lol When ever I go shoe shopping theirs always tons of smaller sizes but never any left in my size so I guess that will be a plus for Lilah and she's also got a mama that can alter clothing :) But she might find it harder to carry that extra 5 pounds of junk in the trunk haha but I don't think she'll have a problem with that....too much of Grandma Betsy in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment