Monday, August 2, 2010

She loves to sew!


Emmy wants to sew so badly with me. I of course want her to learn to sew and I think it'll be a great skill for her to master at a young age if she wants to. My goal is to have her on my machine by the time she's 7 or 8! So right now when she's asking me "Mommy, can Emmy sew too?" I set her up with large long needles and some yarn and let her string it though fleece. She's done it several times now and the picture above is the first time she did it and let me tell you.... she was SO PROUD of herself! Since then I've let her try a sharper needle and smaller thread and she's done very well with that too.

Her other favorite "sewing" she does is pinning. She'll sit on the floor with me when I'm pinning something and ask for some needles so I'll give her 3-4 and show her where she can pin and she'll put them in and then take them out and then pin again. Adorable!!! I can't wait till the day that I get to post her first real sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment