Friday, March 27, 2009

she got me!

This week has been interesting to say the least. Kim went back to work on Monday so it's been just me and the girls. Emmy and I are still sick and as of yesterday Lilah has a noticeable running nose, dry cough, sneezes, and I assume a sore throat. I took her yesterday to have her last oral vitamin K and had her checked out by the midwife and weighed. She's gaining weight and is up to 8 lbs 14 oz and will most likely not get much sicker since she's on breast milk, but if she does we'll be to the doctors asap.

So yesterday I worked like mad to catch up on laundry and I also stripped all the bedding and opened all the windows in the bedroom trying to make sure we keep the illness aired out. Wouldn't you know the day I put all clean mattress pads, sheets, and double pillow cases on our bed will be the night that I get projectile poop strayed at me like water out of a fire hydrant! It was everywhere! All over Lilah, me, the bed, all the clothes..... needless to say a 1:30 am bed change was needed along with full mommy and baby change!

I was glad to see that she had made a big poo though. She hadn't gone much since Monday. I made a vegan chili for dinner that had tons of beans in it. I hadn't given it much thought but that night and all the next day she acted like she had one terrible belly ache. I was trying to figure out what was wrong or if she was getting sick and then it hit me like a ton of bricks that it must have been my chili bean milk that is making her gassy. I'll have to do some experimenting to find out which beans bother her and then try to avoid them. Does anyone know if something in my milk bothers her at this age will it still bother her at 4 months? 6 months? 8 months? Can there tolerances change? I rely on beans for a large portion of my protein and would like to eat my normal portions as soon as it's not upsetting her.

I think once we all get well again and work out a routine things are going to be super fun around the house for the girls. I am just now getting to start doing crafty things with Emmy and it's exciting to think she's only going to be able to do more and more. I can't wait until we can do coloring and it doesn't end in the crayon being ate lol! Easter is around the corner and I think we'll do some egg coloring in the next week or two. I'm really looking forward to the Easter egg hunt and Easter basket! ooooo what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment