Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a real stinker

It's been a while since I've posted a good poop story haha and lucky you I have one for you today!

Emmy usually does her business every morning like clockwork so I've been trying to use this to my advantage and sit her on the potty to catch it and show her what the potty is for. She knows what her potty is and will go to it when asked "where's your potty" and she can sign "potty" but I don't think she knows that what's in the diaper is suppose to go in the pretty plastic thingy. She has both the Cushy Tushy that goes on the big potty and a Disney Princess floor potty. So when I've tried to catch it... she hasn't gone and she has held it and eventually I put on a cloth diaper and she'll go at a weird time.

After her lunch today I changed her diaper which was just a pee and then gave her some naked time while I folded laundry. She took off for the living room to play with her blocks and I'm not kidding... I was out of the room for 5 mins tops and as I come around the corner with diaper in hand and there she is... squatting playing with her blocks and about a foot from her is a little log she laid. I was so surprised and wanted to fall over laughing. She gets to enjoy naked time several times a day and this is the first time in 14 months she's ever done a poo!

I made a big deal out of it and we put it in the princess potty and then I had her sit on it and then we did the march to the big potty to say goodbye to it and then she got to wash her hands which is a favorite for her.

We will do the 3 day Potty Boot Camp in mid June and I hope these little baby steps will make the weekend successful! If not... we'll wait 6 weeks and then give it another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment