Thursday, December 11, 2008

not feeling too good


My poor baby is sick :( Tuesday afternoon she started running a low grade fever and by this morning when our doctor appointment came around she was up to 103.4 F / 39.7 C. We went off the the pharmacy to get some antibiotics and I was able to give her a dose of Tylenol for her fever and discomfort. She handles fever and pain pretty well and with a dose of medicine she will play and smile like normal so I didn't give her any this morning so the doctor could get an idea of what was truly going on. She's taken herself off her milk pretty much and is down to 2 bottles in a 24 hour period, but she'll drink water endlessly so I don't think I need to worry about her getting dehydrated. She'll also have bites of fruit and her favorite veggie PEAS. She also has an obsession with ice and she'll suck on it until it's gone through her mesh feeder, so if her throat is sore I'm sure that helps to make it feel better. I'm also running the humidifier with Vick's day and night. Any suggestions or tips from other mom's to help make her more comfortable or feel better please pass them along to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment